STAY TUNED FOR 2014 RACE INFORMATION
ALL RACERS PLEASE READ THIS PAGE THOROUGHLY!
NEW for 2013!
ALL RACERS PLEASE READ THIS PAGE THOROUGHLY!
NEW for 2013!
Tthe Ithaca Grand Prix p/b ZEVLIN will be the kick off event of the longstanding Tailwind Cyclocross Series of races! Look for even tougher competition and deeper fields throughout. This will be one of the hardest races you'll encounter...
|Winners jerseys will be presented to the top Elite Man and Elite Woman during their respective awards ceremonies|
- Racers will compete in their USAC category (and/or age group). Gone are the days of the A's, B's, and C's! This will overall be a great move as it will help to actually level out the competition in the categories.
- MAKE SURE you solicit USAC for an upgrade if you want to race in the 3's... Your category as stated by USAC will be strictly upheld as your racing category. Don't make this a pain for my registration volunteers...
- USAC has added a category 5 for beginning racers.
- ALL racers will be called to a starting position at the line based on registration order. This is important to note because your start time will most likely occur with at least one other race category (e.g. Cat 3 men 19-34 start with the Cat 3 men 35-44, 45+, and Juniors 15-18). The staging procedure for that start waive will be based on the overall registration time (first in = first to the line).
- There will be a small number of call-ups out of this order to be used at the promoter's discretion. (Last year's champion, former champions, honored guests, etc.)
- The Elite men (1/2/3), Elite Masters 35+ (1/2/3), and Elite Masters 45+ (1/2/3) will all be competing for the $499 purse, paying down to the top 14 finishers.
- ALL elite racers (elite masters included) will start together and the first 14 finishers will each get a piece of the pie.
- Each elite category will have their own podium ceremony and their category finishing order will be used in the Tailwind Series calculation.
- Overall results will be submitted as ONE elite category to USAC.
- For example, if the winner of the entire elite race is from the Elite (1/2/3) category, he will get first place money and the first place prize for the elites. If the second place finisher is actually registered as an Elite Master 35+ (1/2/3), he will get second place money AND the first place prize for the Elite Masters 35+.
- The overall elite winner will take home the CHAMPION'S JERSEY. This could be anyone from the Elite 1/2/3 category, the Elite Masters 35+ (1/2/3) category, or the Elite Masters 45+ (1/2/3) category. First across the line takes it!
- The Elite Women (1/2/3) will be competing for the $350 purse, paying down to the top 6 finishers. This category is ALSO sponsored by Mountain Khakis!
- The top female elite winner will take home the CHAMPION'S JERSEY!
- If you finish in the top 5 of your category please attend the awards ceremony either at noon or 2:45 depending on your race category (morning or afternoon race times). The photos taken at the awards ceremonies help to showcase our awesome sponsors, which in turn means next year we'll have even more sweet stuff to give away.
- If you win money you will need to present a PHOTO I.D. at registration to pick up the loot.
- Visit a few of the local businesses (food? gas?) on your way out of town and be sure to casually mention that you're in town for a bike race. Then the next time you're on US-127 driving through, buy some gas or a snack. It's the little things that keep the city of Ithaca loving this bike race! The Ithaca economy feels this race and is very appreciative!
- Staging for your race will occur 10 minutes prior to the listed start time. Staging procedure will be based on registration date and time within a start waive.
- Check out the day's schedule below. Take note of the start time for your category and in some cases the other categories that will start at the same time as you!! The primes (gift certificates from VOLER) listed below sometimes will be contested by more than one race category.
- Fun and safety first, racing and results second... Don't get this mixed up or you won't be welcome back. I'm absolutely not kidding about this.
- We do our absolute best to ensure timely, accurate results, but understand this is not an exact science. Be patient and remember the bullet point above.
- Free tent and RV camping is available at McNabb park, across Washington road and down a 1/2 mile or so from the race venue.
- Free RV camping (no hook ups...) at Woodland Park on Friday night!
- The city of Ithaca loves having this race in town, so PLEASE support the local businesses (especially the downtown!) while you're in the area!
ALL RACERS PLEASE REPORT TO START LINE 10 MINUTES EARLY TO STAGE!
COURSE OPEN FOR INSPECTION
PRO GOLD LUBRICANTS BIKE WASH STATION OPEN (ALL DAY)
10:00 a.m. (35 minute race)
Cat 4 Men 19-44
Cat 4 Men 45+
(Both categories starting at same time; competing for $35 prime from VOLER)
11:00 a.m. (40 minute race)
PRO 1/2/3 Elite Women p/b MOUNTAIN KHAKIS
(All Elite women starting at same time; competing for $65 prime from VOLER)
Cat 3 Men 19-34
Cat 3 Men 35-44
Cat 3 Men 45+
Juniors 15-18 (1/2/3/4/5)
(All CAT 3 Men and all juniors start at same time; competing for $45 prime from VOLER)
AWARDS and RAFFLE FOR MORNING RACES
COURSE IS OPEN FOR INSPECTION
12:30 p.m. (50 minute race)
PRO 1/2/3 Elite Men
Elite Masters 1/2/3 35+ p/b ZEVIA Zero Calorie Soda
Elite Masters 1/2/3 45+ p/b CX TAPE
(All Pro/Elite men starting at same time; competing for $65 prime from VOLER)
2:00 p.m. (30 minute race)
Singlespeed (open) 1/2/3/4/5 p/b DRAKES COFFEE
(All singlespeed racers starting at same time; competing for $45 prime from VOLER)
Cat 5 Men
Cat 4/5 Women p/b MOUNTAIN KHAKIS
Juniors 14 & Under (1/2/3/4/5)
(All Cat 5 M, 4/5 W, and juniors 14&U start at same time; competing for $35 prime from VOLER)
2:45 p.m. AWARDS and RAFFLE FOR AFTERNOON RACES
ELITE MEN (1/2/3)
ELITE MASTERS 35+ (1/2/3)
and ELITE MASTERS 45+ (1/2/3)
$499 to 14 places:
ELITE WOMEN (1/2/3)
$350 to 6 places: